January 27, 2018 – April 28, 2018
11Are you ready to “Choose to Lose”? Then this is for you!
Here is an incredible opportunity for you to begin shedding those unwanted pounds and to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle that will keep those pounds off forever!
Working together with your team you will compete against other teams to lose those unnecessary pounds. You will learn how to ramp up your metabolism through nutrition and exercise and how to gain lean muscle while losing fat. Trophies will be awarded to the winning teams, but everyone will be a winner when they “Choose to Lose”!
Cost: $40.00 per person/$200.00 for a team of 5
Registration Deadline January 8, 2018
Registration is Closed
“Choose to Lose” and receive:
- The opportunity to work together as a team so you won’t have to do it alone
- A friendly, competitive and supportive spirit that will help to keep you motivated
- Special Event T-Shirts
- Monthly weigh-ins
- Monthly group exercise classes at the Elizabethtown Fitness Club
- “E-town Get Fit™” web site and FB access that will keep you going all year round
- Exercise and nutritional tips
- Sponsor updates and special promos
- Awards ceremony featuring First, Second and Third place team trophies
- Award certificates for First, Second and Third place team members
- Certificate of Participation for all participants
- And best of all…A new you!
“Choose to Lose” Event Rules
- Put together a team of five individuals. Your team may consist of individuals from your business, organization, family, friends or a combination of all. If you do not have a group of five people but would still like to participate, you may enter as an individual and we will assign you to a team.
- Select a team contact person and a team name.
- Fill out the team registration form. (Individuals not registering as part of a team must submit a team form to register) Registration forms must be filled out completely and accompanied by payment to be accepted.
- You must be at least 15 years of age to participate. Anyone under the age of 18 must have all paperwork signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- All contestants must register individually on the day of the initial weigh-in.
- All contestants must sign a Participant Agreement. This agreement contains a Consent Form and Liability Waiver to participate. This form will include a medical questionnaire and a release to use your name and/or photo in any “E-town Get Fit™” advertisements, promotions or news clips.
- All contestants are encouraged to consult with their physician to ensure they are physically able to participate in a challenge of this nature.
- Contestants cannot have had any weight loss surgery (including Lap Band, gastric bypass, bariatric, liposuction or other) in the past 12 months or during the contest.
- Weight loss will be the result of healthier eating and good exercise habits. Participants will be on the honor system and should participate in a healthy and fair manner.
- Registration deadline is January 5, 2018.
-Diet pills (herbal or prescription appetite suppressants, metabolism enhancers, etc.)
-Water pills (diuretics) unless prescribed for a medical condition such as high blood pressure.
-Laxatives and colonics
Calendar and Judging Criteria
- Initial weigh-in will take place on January 27, 2018. If you can not make this date, please see our FAQS
- Your team must weigh-in on the scheduled weigh-in dates and times at the Elizabethtown Fitness Club for your results to be considered valid for the competition.
- Each member of your team will be weighed individually and their weight recorded.*
- Each member of your team will have their body fat percentage measured and recorded.* Body fat will be measured by means of hand-held bio-electrical impedance. (Contestants with pace makers cannot be measured by this process)
* At no time will any individual’s weight or fat percent be posted, published or announced. They will be kept in strict confidence. Only the entire team’s total weight and fat percent will be made public.
- An initial weigh-in photo will be taken of your team as a group. This will help document your progress throughout the challenge. You are encouraged to have a photo taken of you as an individual before the challenge begins. Document the photo with that day’s newspaper in the picture with the date visible. Take a close up photo of the date. Hold the newspaper away from your body or post it on the wall next to you. Take four (4) photos; front view, rear view and a view of each side. Wear clothing that will allow you to see as much of your body as possible while remaining modest.
- Team photos will be taken at the initial weigh-in and final weigh-in. We encourage each team member to take their own individual photos on the date of each weigh-in for their own personal documentation of their weight loss process.
- There will be four (4) weigh-ins** All weigh-ins at 11:00 AM at the Elizabethtown Fitness Club
- Jan. 27, 2018 Initial weigh-in
- Feb. 24, 2018 Second weigh-in
- March 24, 2018 Third weigh-in
- April 28, 2018 Final weigh-in
- Each team’s total weight lost and percentage of weight lost will be recorded and announced.
- Each team’s total percent of fat lost will be recorded and announced.
- If you can not be present for a weigh-in at the scheduled times, please see our FAQS.
- There will be four (4) group exercise classes offered** All classes at 11:00 AM and noon at the Elizabethtown Fitness Club.
- Feb. 3, 2018
- March 3, 2018
- April 7, 2018
- April 21, 2018
- Awards Ceremony: TBA
**All weigh-ins and exercise classes will be held at the Elizabethtown Fitness Club. Any contestant who is not a member of the Elizabethtown Fitness Club must sign a gym waiver of liability form before participating in exercise classes. If you can not be present for a weigh-in at the scheduled times, please see our FAQS.
In an effort to teach people how to lose weight the healthy way the winners will not be determined by largest amount of weight lost or even largest percentage of weight lost.
- Winners will be determined by receiving points for percentage of weight lost and percentage of body fat lost.
Each team will receive 10 points for each percent of body weight lost as a team.
Each team will receive 20 points for each percent of fat lost as a team.
The team earning the greatest number of points will be determined the winner.
First, second and third place teams will receive a team trophy.
First, second and third place team individuals will receive first, second and third place certificates respectively.
First place male and first place female will receive a certificate.
All other participants will receive a certificate of participation.
1. Weight Calculation
total beginning team weight – total ending team weight = pounds lost
(pounds lost ÷ beginning weight) X 100 = percent weight lost
2. Fat Percent Calculation
beginning fat percent (average of team)– ending fat percent (average of team) = fat percent lost
Beginning weight of all 5 contestants = 1000 lbs.
Ending weight of all 5 contestants = 950 lbs.
1000 – 950 = 50 lbs total weight lost
50 ÷ 1000 = .05 x 100 = 5% of body weight lost
5 x 10 = 50 points for weight lost
Beginning fat percent of all 5 contestants = 38%
Ending fat percent of all 5 contestants = 32%
38 – 32 = 6 % of fat lost
6 x 20 = 120 points for fat percent lost
50 + 120 = 170 total team points
To enhance your weight loss process, contestants may:
- Become a member of a local fitness center where they will be able to exercise at least three to five days per week.
- Attend additional exercise classes and/or employ personal trainers to help them achieve their weight loss goals.
- Employ the services of a nutritionist/dietitian or reputable weight loss center.